The application period for Research Pitching Competition by Slush and Skolar begins 14th August at 12:00 PM (noon) (GMT+3:00 Finland, Europe). The application period ends on 18th September at 12:00 PM (GMT+3:00).
Prepare enough time for writing your application. Note that you can apply with only one application. The application with the latest timestamp will be reviewed. After signing up, create your application from “My Applications” – “Create new application”. You can always save your application and continue later. Below you find the information required in the application.
- Contact details
- The names of the possible research team members (optional)
- Title of your idea
- Field of research
- Date you received your doctorate
- Info about any prior funding
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR IDEA:
1. Summary – briefly describe your idea. Be clear and concise. The summary will be used in the competition’s communication. (1500 characters including spaces)
2. Why is your research important right now? Why would it be important to increase understanding of the subject at this moment? (1500 characters)
3. Is there prior research about this topic? If so, what are the main academic resources you will rely on? (500 characters)
4. What is new, courageous and ambitious about your research proposal? (500 characters)
5. How are you going to put your idea into practice? (500 characters)
6. Whose help do you need in order for your research to succeed? (500 characters)
Note that the character limits include spaces.
Curriculum vitae in pdf format (You may copy the required Academic CV format from these guidelines by TENK: http://www.tenk.fi/sites/tenk.fi/files/CV_english_270613.pdf)
A photo that shows your face (a close-up). The photo will be published if you are chosen as one of the competition’s finalists.
If you are proposing your idea with a team, only the team leader’s CV and contact information should be attached. Potential other members of the research team can be given in the application.
If you become a finalist, all the material you have submitted may be used in the communication and marketing of the competition and the finalists.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com or read more on our website: https://skolaraward.fi/apply/
Best of luck with your application!