Welcome to the application platform for Skolar Award research pitching competition. Great that your are here!
The application period will open on 15.5.2018 at 12:00 (GMT +03:00 Finland, Europe) and close on 17.9.2018 at 12:00 (GMT +03:00 Finland, Europe).
You can find the application criteria here.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Note that you can apply with only one application. The application with the latest time stamp will be reviewed. After signing up, create your application from “My Applications” – “Create new application”. You can always save your application and continue later.
The information required in the application:
- Basic contact details
- The names of the possible research team members (optional)
- Title of your idea
1. Summary – briefly describe your idea. Be clear and concise. The summary will be utilized in the competition’s communication. (1500 characters including spaces)
2. Why is your research important right now? Why would it be important to increase understanding of the subject at this moment? (1500 characters)
3. What big problem is your research related to? What prior research is your idea related to? (500 characters)
4. What is new, courageous and ambitious about your research proposal? (500 characters)
5. How are you going to put your idea into practice? (500 characters)
6. Whose help do you need in order for your idea to succeed? (500 characters)
Note that the character limits include spaces.
If you become a Skolar Award finalist, all the material you have submitted may be used in the communication and marketing of the competition and the finalists.
You should include only one CV in PDF format as an attachment. You may copy the required Academic CV format from these guidelines by TENK (Finnish Advisory Board on Research Integrity) here.
If you are proposing your idea with a team, only the team leader’s CV and contact information should be attached. Potential other members of the research team can be registered in the “possible other members of the research team” section.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now let’s make this official – leave an application now! Your idea is worth sharing!
Best of luck with your application!